Established in 1981 to recognize visionary work by young practitioners, The Architectural League Prize is an annual competition, lecture series, and exhibition led by the League and its Young Architects + Designers Committee.
The 2012 League Prize competition asked young architects to consider the self-defining nature of their generation.
- Jorge Arvizu, Ignacio del Rio, Emmanuel Ramirez, & Diego Ricalde of MMX Studio
- Jimenez Lai of Bureau Spectacular
- Sean Lally of WEATHERS / Sean Lally
- Seung Teak Lee & Mi Jung Lim of STPMJ
- Michael Szivos of SOFTlab
- Koji Tsutsui of Koji Tsutsui & Associates
The theme was developed by the 2018 Young Architects + Designers Committee, which comprised past League Prize winners Emily Abruzzo, Dominic Leong, and Michael Loverich.
The jury included Abruzzo, Leong, and Loverich, in addition to Toshiko Mori, Gregg Pasquarelli, Lisa Phillips, Annabelle Selldorf, and Robert Somol.
The competition is organized by The Architectural League’s program director, Anne Rieselbach.