Established in 1981 to recognize visionary work by young practitioners, The Architectural League Prize is an annual competition, lecture series, and exhibition led by the League and its Young Architects + Designers Committee.
Foresight enables us to survey and engage the present to achieve desired outcomes in the future. We invited architects to show us work that forecasts possible outcomes and opportunities.
The winners included:
- Aziza Chaouni & Takako Tajima of Bureau E.A.S.T.
- Frida Escobedo Lopez
- Cristina Goberna & Urtzi Grau of Fake Industries Architectural Agonism
- Phu Hoang of Phu Hoang Office
- Ivan Juarez & Patricia Meneses of ex.studio
- Sung Goo Yang of Ether Ship
The year’s theme was developed by the 2009 Young Architects + Designers Committee, which comprised past League Prize winners Mark Gage, Ana Miljacki, and Julio Salcedo.
The jury included Gage, Miljacki, and Salcedo, in addition to Paola Antonelli, Teddy Cruz, Nader Tehrani, and Calvin Tsao.
The competition is organized by The Architectural League’s program director, Anne Rieselbach.