Join HDR at its Manhattan office for a First Friday event.
October 12, 2018
The League’s monthly First Friday events are informal social gatherings that allow members to visit the offices of leading design practices and see work on the boards.
In business for more than a century, HDR employs almost 10,000 people in more than 200 locations around the world. It offers engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. According to the firm, “Our rigorous process balances the needs of the project with the needs of the client—delivering solutions that last longer than style or trend.”
Current projects include:
- Almoosa Rehabilitation and Long-Term Care Hospital, which draws design inspiration from Saudia Arabia’s sand dunes
- Triborough Bridge and Tunnel Authority, New York Port of Entry Toll Security Towers, monumental gateways to Manhattan that enhance security and traffic flow
- Weill Cornell Medical Hospital, Shanghai’s first international hospital, whose design draws inspiration from the surrounding green belt.
Recent projects include:
- Uganda Medical and AIDS Clinic, which serves patients in a remote region of the East African nation
- Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi, a high-performance building that “blurs the line between hospital and hospitality,” according to HDR
- Ottawa’s Communications Security Establishment Canada (CSEC) Long-Term Accommodation Project, which draws inspiration from the distinctive shape of a maple tree seed.